May 1948, at the Four-Mile Park home of Mr. & Mrs.
Andrews, the Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
was organized under the leadership of the late
Reverend T. C. Cole, with Mother Blanch Cole, Mr.
& Mrs. Andrews, and Mr. & Mrs. Artie Cooper as
Charter Members. Services were held in the
Andrews home for nine months after which the
members moved into a tent while construction began
on the sanctuary. The sanctuary was completed in
In the early years, Sunday School, Music, Ushers,
Youth, Mission, Deacon and Mothers Ministries
were established. The Macedonia Missionary
Baptist Church was active in the Pride of the West
District Association and the Nevada/California
Interstate Missionary Baptist Convention.
The congregation moved from Four-Mile Park on
May 11, 1966, to a new sanctuary at 2600 Clayton
Street, North Las Vegas. June 27, 1972, Reverend
Cole passed away.
On November 19, 1972, Reverend J. E. Richardson
Sr., a faithful member and associate minister, was
called to pastor Macedonia Missionary Baptist
Church. Phase two of the original Building Project
was completed. The Youth Ministry was expanded
and an Evangelism Ministry added. On June 15,
1999, Pastor J. E. Richardson Sr. was called from
labor to reward.
Reverend Johnnie Richardson Jr. had been elected
to continue the work began by Pastor T. C. Cole
and Pastor J. E. Richardson Sr. The work of the
ministry continues to grow with the addition and
expansion of all of the ministries. Phase three of the
original building plans is now in the initial stages of
implementation. The church currently has an active
membership of approximately 250 adults and
children with two regular Sunday worship services,
Children’s Church and activities throughout the